Saturday 26 July 2014

palestin

 In response to a number of queries by friends on this page, I need to say that from day one that this latest phase of Israeli carnage of Palestinians started I made a conscious decision not to share graphic pictures of maimed and murdered bodies--especially of Palestinian children. This has many reasons--including the fact that I hold the moment of death as sacrosanct-- but perhaps most important is that my task here is to help cultivate critical and caring intelligence about the world around us--as we see the current Israeli carnage in Gaza--sharing these pictures generates more hatred--I will have no part of it--my task is to help reduce hatred and increase critical thinking--the internet is flooded with such pictures--it is my duty to watch them --however briefly-- so I know the range and depth of the moral depravity with which Israeli propagandists are afflicted when they try in vain to evade responsibility--but I remain determined not to share these pictures--the reflection of their terror on the face of their grieving mothers is more than enough for me--

No comments:

Post a Comment